"Come forth into the light of things. Let Nature be your teacher."
Come experience the peacefulness of being out in nature in a loving, supportive way. Learn from an expert what a joy it is to be out in nature and the elements. Experience the expanded connection of yourself and the elements in a gentle and easy way.
This three-day backpack trip will afford you the opportunity to:
- Experience living in harmony with our Earth
- Basic camping skills -- low impact wilderness camping
- Reading the land (topography)
- Basic map reading
- Learn outdoor cooking skills
- Wilderness safety and wilderness first aid
- Identify animals, trees, stones and the sacredness of all
- Flow walk -- feeling safe with nature and natural landmarks
- Basic firemaking
- Discover your personal power animal
- Shamanic Journey
- Experience sacred ancient tribal wisdom's that teach us honor, respect, and sacredness of all life
- Create a community of oneness with our fellow sisters and brothers
- Learn the way of the Native American - Fox walk, seeing with soft vision, and Being with nature
We will live on the skin of our Earth Mother for three days. Come experience the magic of being one with the stars, the trees, the water and All Our Relations. We will rejoice in fun, song, and play in the Sierra, living in balance as Native People's have done for centuries.
We will provide a detailed equipment list and have some rental equipment available upon request. We provide camp gourmet food for the trip and will help with coordination of carpool information between you and other participants on this trip.
This gentle easy backpack trip is designed with the beginner in mind. We will be traveling to a wonderfully beautiful area in Northern California in the Sierra Nevada Mountains filled with wildflower and pristine lakes. This trip offers the beginner the training and tools to attain self reliance to backpack on their own in the future.
Group size is limited to 6 so we can walk softly on our Mother Earth. Please sign up early for this tour as it books up very fast! We are available for groups and individual families upon your request.
Call 916-456-4377 for dates due to snow.
Click here for backpacking pdf brochure.